Current Needs List
PLEASE NOTE: As of 7/25/2019, we temporarily are not accepting any donations while we sort and distribute an abundance of previous donations. Please take your clothing donations to Mainspring (3500 NE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97220), and your household goods to Community Warehouse (3961 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97212)
- blankets, sleeping bags, tarps
- socks, hats, gloves, scarves
- adult coats and other functional adult clothing
- adult underwear (new or used and clean)
- other cold weather gear
- backpacks, tote bags, other bags
- shampoo, conditioner, soap
- African American hair care products
- lotion, deodorant, razors
- first aid supplies, over the counter medicines
- towels of any size
- any other hygiene supplies
- sugar, creamer, peanut butter
- books and magazines
- pet food, other pet supplies
- Download a Needs List here
- Find our Retention-Specific Needs List here
This list is not exhaustive – if you have something that you think might be useful let us know!
Donate with Amazon Prime
Do you have an Amazon Prime account? You can donate items without even leaving home! Just click here to see our wishlist and have items shipped straight to JOIN
We do not accept:
There may be times throughout the year that we need or request these items, but on an ongoing basis we do not accept the following items:
- Children’s clothing, shoes, or toys
- Dress clothing and shoes
To donate furniture and household items, please contact The Community Warehouse.
Where and how do I donate items to JOIN?
You can drop off items to 1435 NE 81st Avenue from 9am-3pm Monday through Friday. Please note that we are closed the second Friday of each month.
If you’d like to arrange a time after 3pm to drop off your donations, please contact Sophie at [email protected] or (503) 936-4804 to arrange an alternate time to drop off your donated items. Thanks!
Host an Item Drive
Help us collect critical, life-saving items at your workplace, school or faith community. Download a sample item drive flyer.