To apply, click here: https://joinpdx.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=67
Creating Conscious Communities with People Outside (C3PO) is a Coalition of 15 organizations working in partnership with the County and City to operate 3 shelters on the Village Model as an emergency response to COVID.
The position will be working at the C3PO BIPOC camp.
Staff Coordinator for C(3)PO Villages
The Staff Coordinator is the key figure in planning, scheduling, and supervising the Gate Crew, Sanitation, and Food Service staff for each village. Works in partnership with Camp Life Coordinator. It is important that the Staff Coordinator knows and upholds Village objectives, philosophies, anti-racist values, policies, and procedures consistent with C(3)PO & JOIN values.
Each village has one Staff Coordinator, the position is salaried, 40 hours per week, $20 per hour.
As the Staff Coordinator at your village, you are responsible for supervising all gate crew, food, and sanitation shifts and responding as backup to urgent incidents.
Schedules adequate staffing levels for
- 24/7 gate crew, 2 staff per shift.
- 2 daily food service shifts, 1 staff per shift.
- 2 sensitization shifts, 1 staff per shift.
Schedule consistency: Maintains schedule consistency and works collaboratively with staff to make mutually agreeable changes to the schedule when needed.
- Reviews and approves time off requests, consistent with staffing requirements and *policy and procedure.
- Finds coverage or fills in on-call when staffing levels are inadequate.
- Collaborates with staff on scheduling and communicates scheduling changes to staff
- Ensures schedule is complete 1 week in advance to allow staff appropriate notice to plan their non-work life.
Maintains updated village staff information:
- List and phone numbers.
- Maintains records concerning availability of staff.
- Maintains skills and abilities worksheet
- food handlers card
- DV training
- peer support specialist
- Humanistic Crisis Intervention video training
Ensures order in the work area
Ensures the security log book, binders, inventory lists, sign in-sign out sheets, tools and other essential work items are organized in the gate shack in the village they oversee.
Ensures there are enough copies of job descriptions, Villager Incident Report forms, staff complaint forms, sign in-sign out sheets, C3PO manuals, etc. are available at all times.
Ensures the necessary instructive and informational signs are up and visible for staff.
- Tracks weekly hours for C(3)PO employees and submits hours for semi-monthly payroll.
- Monitors hours to make sure that employees do not go into overtime without prior approval from the HR Director Trenelle Doyle.
Job Performance Issues & Reviews
- Communicates with staff directly about job performance issues, absences, tardiness etc. (May consult with Liz, Emily, Quinn, or Victory for support with this)
- Reports issues and documentation to HR Director Trenelle Doyle if direct communication and collaborative problem solving does not resolve the issue.
PIC Urgent On-Call Response
- Respond to calls 24/7 for staff support in urgent situations
- Respond in person to assess situations for potential trespass and involvement of police
- Use Humanistic Crisis Intervention methods and C3PO Gate Crew protocols for responding to urgent situations
Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills,& Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain full staffing levels consistently.
- Must speak Spanish
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must maintain a positive working relationship with staff
- Must maintain a solid understanding of race dynamics and other forms of oppression, both overt and subtle.
- Must attend trainings