Reports to: Executive Director
JOIN is a leading homeless street outreach and housing placement organization in Portland, OR. Our mission is to transition people out of homelessness, and into permanent housing. Our model is based on Housing First.
We are seeking a development professional who has experience working on issues related to poverty, homelessness and/or racial equity to perform a wide range of development and communication activities. This position is responsible for all private revenue raised at JOIN, manages JOIN’s development operations and fundraising activities, supports the efforts of the Executive Director and Finance Director, and supervises the Development Associate and VISTA Volunteer Coordinator.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to raise $1.0M with growth toward $1.5M (approx. 15% of JOIN’s overall budget)
- Create and direct efforts around JOIN’s Annual Development Plan in collaboration with the Development Associate, Finance Director, and Executive Director. Plan identifies revenue goals, schedule, and activities required to meet revenue targets.
- Manage monthly audits between Quickbooks and donor database. Responsible for all private revenue reports used in annual organization wide audit.
- Manage JOIN’s Major Donor program, including creating and implementing major donor stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Develop a planned giving strategy for JOIN to share among major donors and prospective donors.
- Identify, cultivate and steward 1200+ individual and 70+ business donors through a variety of means including events, one-on-one visits, site visits, appeals, campaigns, etc.
- During Covid-19, increased activity around call, email, and digital communication to maintain donor relationships.
- Manage grant calendar, write 20+ foundation and corporate grants and reports, and perform targeted grant research.
- Prospect and build relationships with 2-3 new grant funders annually, and/or seek increased investment from existing funders.
- Support grant activities to meet deliverable of proposals.
- Plan and execute all fundraising events including 2 major fundraising events as well as small events throughout the year.
- During Covid 19, manage digital fundraising Peer to Peer campaigns and live digital events.
- Act as a primary liaison and support to the Board of Directors regarding all fundraising activities.
- Supervise and support professional development of the Development Associate.
- Supervise production of donor correspondence including gift acknowledgements, thank yous, and tax letters.
- Supervise and support professional development of the VISTA Volunteer Coordinator and the organization’s efforts to recruit, engage and steward volunteers.
- Support fundraising activities of the Welcome Home Coalition (an organization fiscally sponsored by JOIN)
- Support a culture of ethical storytelling among staff and leadership at JOIN.
- Produce and/or draft copy for engaging fundraising materials, newsletters, annual report, collateral materials, and email updates.
- Represent JOIN in the community; facilitate and participate in public speaking opportunities.
- Manage organizational website content and ongoing updates.
- Manage relationships with contractors/vendors re: graphic design, website management, email marketing, printing, database management, etc.
- Assist with the development and management of media list and relations.
- 5+ years of non-profit development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to raise $1M annually.
- Strong writing, editing and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite software and google platform proficiency.
- Experience working on issues related to poverty, homelessness and equity.
- Experience working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Enthusiasm for fundraising.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical and creative thinking ability.
- Highly organized.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and maintain a sense of humor.
- Ability to work with websites and social media platforms, including WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Adobe Creative Suite, and donor management software.
- Must be equally comfortable working independently and as a member of a team.
- Previous work with the media is a plus.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
Salary: $55,000-$65,000 full-time exempt, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Compensation includes 10 paid holidays, 168 hours of paid time off (with annual increases to 208 hours at 5 years), 2 weeks paid parental leave, 8 week paid sabbatical after 7 years, health & dental benefits premiums 100% paid for employees and dependents, employer paid $50,000 life insurance as well as short and long term disability, flexible medical savings and dependent reimbursement accounts, Employee Assistance Program, and unmatched 403b plan participation available.
How to Apply:
Please apply at https://joinpdx.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN values the strengths that a diverse workforce offers and is committed to honoring the dignity of every individual. On behalf of the board, staff, and people we serve at JOIN, thank you for your interest in supporting our mission.