Position Description: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
JOIN (joinpdx.org) is a non-profit organization that exists to support the efforts individuals and families experiencing homelessness to transition off the streets and into permanent housing. We are inspired by the vision of a community where everyone has a place to call home.
JOIN has an organizational commitment to equity and inclusion, and to ensure that programs and staff culture are equitable in both access and outcomes regardless of race, ethnicity, faith, culture, language, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or family status. JOIN is committed to pursuing effective strategies and devoting dedicated time and resources at every level of the organization to address disparities based on identity and to apply an equity lens to all decisions, programs, and policies.
This position is a blend of administrative, data entry on a regular basis, and IT support. This position is office based and generally follows a 9am-5pm work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative and Reception Duties:
- Assist Executive Assistant with varying aspects of administrative management and other daily operations
- Greet guests and visitors and help with inquiries
- Coordinate between teams in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems
- Create and manage organizational calendars
- Provide multifaceted office support
- Operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers, iPhones
- Maintain inventory of office and building supplies and order as needed
- Manage building and vehicle maintenance
- Forward messages to appropriate staff
- Provide general technical assistance to office staff
- Troubleshoot to diagnose and resolve problems with Windows laptops and iPhones
- Manage G Suite
- Set up workers with computers, cell phones and other necessary peripheral devices
- Check computer hardware to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software such as Office Professional Plus, internet security
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance of hardware and software
- Maintain inventory of JOIN technologies (tablets, laptops, desktops, cell phones)
- Order or upgrade JOIN’s cell phones for employees
- Identify computer equipment shortages and place orders while working within proposed technology budget
- Engage in JOIN’s equity and anti-racist work at the full staff, program-specific, and individual professional level
- Apply an equity lens to work with staff, service users, volunteers, donors, and community partners
REQUIRED Education, Experience, Qualities, or Specialized Training
- Must be present 9 AM-5 PM as reception
PREFERRED (not required) Education, Experience, Qualities, or Specialized Training
- Basic technology troubleshooting experience a plus
Specific physical and mental performing elements:
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds
- Computers, laptops, tablets, cell phones, printers, monitors
Core Competencies needed/the ability to:
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Windows 7 through 10
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work as part of a team in stressful situations; maintain composure and sense of humor in the face of heavy workload and constant interruptions
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges, i.e. strong understanding of Google Suite
- Support a diverse and inclusive environment where all people feel welcomed
- Bring a social justice lens to aspects of the job, internally and externally
- Agree that a commitment to equity and inclusion is fundamental to JOIN’s work. Support and contribute to JOIN’s goal of becoming an anti-racist organization
Salary: $36,700 full-time exempt
Benefits: Compensation includes 10 paid holidays, 168 hours of paid time off (with annual increases to 208 hours at 5 years), 2 weeks paid parent leave, 8 week paid sabbatical after 7 years, health & dental benefits premiums 100% paid for employees and dependents, employer paid $50,000 life insurance as well as short and long term disability, flexible medical savings and dependent reimbursement accounts, Employee Assistance Program, and unmatched 403b plan participation available.
How to Apply:
To be complete, email [email protected] (with “Admin Assistant” in the subject line) a resume and cover letter that address the following questions:
- Describe any administrative and/or office experience you have.
- What is your understanding of the causes of homelessness?
- JOIN has a strong commitment to racial equity and is working toward becoming an anti-racist organization. To that end, JOIN requires commitment to and participation in these efforts from all staff. Please reflect on your ability to contribute to these efforts.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Monday, June 3rd at 5:00 PM. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN values the strengths that a diverse workforce offers and is committed to honoring the dignity of every individual. On behalf of the board, staff, and people we serve at JOIN, thank you for your interest in supporting our mission.