JOIN (joinpdx.org) is a non-profit organization that exists to support the efforts individuals and families experiencing homelessness to transition off the streets and into permanent housing. We are inspired by the vision of a community where everyone has a place to call home.
Financial and HR Coordinator
This position holds primary responsibility for managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, and for obtaining and posting journal entries to the general ledger.
The position works closely with the Deputy Director to ensure the completeness of the financial records, prepare for the annual independent audit, and is anticipating obtaining a Single Audit (formerly A-133) in the near term as required for recipients of federal funds under the Uniform Guidance 2CFR200.
Additionally, this position will support JOIN’s HR infrastructure by coordinating hiring processes, supporting disciplinary actions and employee benefits processes, and maintaining employee files.
- Preparation of standard monthly financial reports including preparation of income and expense reports by cost center which facilitate comparison of budget to actual.
- Invoicing public contracts, managing receivables and payables to subcontractors
- Creation of necessary journal entries for review by Deputy Director
- Preparation and support for 3rd party annual audit and near term Single Audit.
Specific HR Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate hiring processes (post open positons, conduct reference checks, support/coordinate interview process, complete new employee packets)
- Support Executive Director with disciplinary actions
- Manage training/professional development calendar
- Support the employee benefits enrollment
- Employee file maintenance
Successful candidates will have:
- Successful experience maintaining comprehensive financial records, including preparation of monthly financial statements, journal entries and QuickBooks Online proficiency
- Successful experience with accounting for nonprofit organizations, including accounting for restricted funds and compliance with governmental funding agreements
- Knowledge of standard HR policies and benefit offerings
Full Time Non-exempt: $48,500 w/employer paid Health Benefits (medical & dental benefits for employee and all dependents), employer paid Long and Short term disability benefit, employer paid $50,000 Life insurance, unmatched 403(b), flex plan, 10 days paid vacation, 168 hours PTO, 8 hours/mo paid community involvement program, 2 weeks paid parental leave, paid bereavement leave, telecommuting opportunities, and an 8 week paid sabbatical after 7 years of employment
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must send a resume and cover letter, as two separate attachments, to email@example.com. Positions are open until filled. In order to be considered, your cover letter must respond to the following questions:
- JOIN has a robust commitment to racial equity. Please reflect on how you can contribute to this workplace process.
- Please describe your understanding of the causes of homelessness.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JOIN values the strengths that a diverse workforce offers and is committed to honoring the dignity of every individual. On behalf of the board, staff, and people we serve at JOIN, thank you for your interest in supporting our mission.